Coaches, this quiz will help you test your knowledge of Special Olympics Artistic Gymnastics.
1) During all Special Olympics artistic gymnastics competitions, __________________ rules shall be employed, except when they are in conflict with the Official Special Olympics Sports Rules for Artistic Gymnastics or Article I.
2) Official Special Olympics artistic gymnastics events are offered in what event category/categories at the local level?
3) In official Special Olympics artistic gymnastics competitions, athletes may compete in all of the events (“all around”) or a select number of events (“specialists”).
4) Female gymnastics who compete in artistic gymnastics may not compete in rhythmic gymnastics in the same competition.
5) Coaches are not allowed to provide any assistance to athletes (such as providing clapping cues) during artistic gymnastics competitions.
6) To increase the safety of athletes participating in uneven bars, rings, high bar, high beam, vault and parallel bars, coaches must:
7) An optional (level IV) gymnast must perform at least _________ different elements in a routine (except vaulting).
8) When a judging panel consists of two or three judges, all scores will be averaged to determine the score for that panel. When four judges are on a panel, _______________________________.
9) When judging compulsory routines, the _______________ will be used.