Divisioning is core to the way Special Olympics runs its competitions. Take this quiz to test your knowledge of this key principle.
1) The divisioning process plays a critical role in Special Olympics competitions because it:
2) The Special Olympics divisioning process groups individual athletes or teams by what three factors?
3) The Special Olympics divisioning process is required at what levels of competition?
4) The Special Olympics divisioning process is required during competition for what sports?
5) According to Article 1 of the Special Olympics Sports Rules, how many athletes or teams should be in each division?
6) According to Article 1 of the Special Olympics Sports Rules, there should be no more than a _____ difference between the highest and lowest skilled athlete or team in a division.
7) What is the divisioning process in sports where assessing player ability can be difficult, such as judged sports like gymnastics or team sports like basketball?
8) The Special Olympics “maximum effort” rule states that:
9) In order to create good divisions and equal competition, it is critical for coaches to submit their athletes’ ________ to competition organizers prior to the event.
10) It is the responsibility of the coach to inform competition management if, during a preliminary event, their athlete or team performance did not accurately reflect their ability.
11) In instances where there are fewer than three athletes or teams in each division of a competition, Article 1 of the Special Olympics Sports Rules states that which of the following modifications can take place?