The second Special Olympics Central American and Caribbean Games are dedicated to the spirit of sports, effort and courage of the athletes. They show us the passion of sports.
The Power of Unity
The Games will be held in Panama City, Panama from 13 April to 21 April 2012. Panama is proud to host the Games. The Games are organized by Special Olympics Latin America, which is based in Panama City.
Special Olympics athletes with intellectual disabilities will compete in five-a-side football, basketball, track and field, swimming, table tennis, tennis, bocce, bowling and rhythmic gymnastics. Around 5,000 participants will be in Panama: athletes,coaches, volunteers, families, judges and guests. Around 15,000 spectators are expected.
• Friday, April 13: Arrival of delegations
• Saturday, April 14: Host City
• Sunday, April 15: Opening Ceremony (4:00 pm)
• Monday, April 16: Competitions
• Tuesday, April 17: Competitions
• Wednesday, April 18: Health Festival and Recreation
• Thursday, April 19: Competitions - Finals
• Friday, April 20: Competitions - Finals
4:00 pm: Closing Ceremony.
El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama Dominican Republic. Costa Rica, Cuba, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico.
USA and Nicaragua
Irvin Saladin Sports Complex, Balboa Stadium and Gymnasium, Bowling el Dorado and Cerro Viento Golf Club.