Shrey Kadian is a member of the Special Olympics Global Athlete Leadership Council (GALC). Since June 2021 he has been delegated the role of Sports Liaison.
Shrey is a softball gold medalist from the Special Olympics World Summer Games in Los Angeles 2015. He was the vice-captain of Softball India. As a 16-year veteran athlete from Special Olympics Bharat (India), Shrey has undertaken a variety of roles. Currently, he serves as Chairperson of the Program’s National Athlete Input Council. He has also served as a member of the Special Olympics Asia Pacific’s Regional Athlete Input Council from 2018 to 2019 and 2020 to 2021.
Since 2019 he has completed the following courses through the Special Olympics Online Learning Portal: Level-1 Sports Assistant, Level-2 Coaching Assistant, Level-3 Coach, Unified Sports Assistant Coaching Course, World Games Coaching Preparation Course, Athlete Leadership as part of the Leadership & Skills Curriculum Modual-1 & Modual-2, Special Olympics Developmental Sports, and the Special Olympics Sports Rules Article 1 Course.
In 2021 and 2022 he was honored with the following awards:
- “Remarkable Achiever” for the Occasion of the 60th Diamond Jubilee Celebration 1962 – 2022 at the University of Delhi Sports Stadium on 5th May 2022.
- SAMARTHYA GLOBAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS – 2020 2nd edition for “Outstanding & Commendable services being rendered in the category of Sports” on 28th February 2021.
He has been part of the following Special Olympics International virtual (online) events:
- He was an emcee for the Special Olympics Virtual Global Youth Leadership Summit 2022 during which Youth Leaders with and without ID joined together to promote inclusion.
- ‘Special Olympics Athlete Leadership Video Series’ on different roles for “Athlete Leaders” in 2021.
- In 2021 he hosted the webinar “Preparation for Training & Competition” which was part of the Special Olympics Coach Webinar Series and drew in over 500 coaches from around the world.
To develop himself as an advocate for people with intellectual disabilities, Shrey is also an active YouTuber who creates online content to inspire and engage fellow athletes.
Special Olympics Africa
Special Olympics Asia Pacific
Special Olympics East Asia
Special Olympics Europe Eurasia
Álvaro Brochero Carreño
Special Olympics Latin America
Special Olympics Middle East North Africa
Special Olympics North America