Students across the United States are nearing the end of their school year, but that does not mean there should be fewer opportunities to connect. In fact, the COVID-19 pandemic has shown that while society has had to be physically distanced, there are still incredible ways to engage digitally and work together. Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools® has learned this is especially true of youth leaders and their capacity to connect online!
And there is no better way to do that than with a Digital Youth Summit!
Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools is hosting the Digital Youth Summit: Inclusion in Action on May 7, 2021 from 5:00-7:00PM ET. This two-hour event is a great opportunity for students to learn about inclusive youth leadership and to connect with other students across the country! The Digital Youth Summit is geared towards middle and high school students.
What will happen during the event?
The Digital Youth Summit is a two-part event:
- At 5:00PM ET, join a livestreamed speaker series featuring Special Olympics Champion Ambassadors, leadership, and U.S. Youth Ambassadors on the Generation Unified YouTube channel.
- At 6:00PM ET, participants are invited to join the Zoom reception. The Zoom reception features a Q&A panel featuring executives from Special Olympics Spirit Partner KPMG and Special Olympics professionals with an opportunity for you to network and collaborate with youth around the nation.
How students can join:
- Anyone can tune in for Part 1 (the live speaker series) by tuning into the Generation Unified YouTube channel.
- If your students want to attend the Zoom reception, they must do two things:
- Complete the 4 Foundational Youth Leadership Trainings. Students should complete the Middle Level training or High School training based on their grade level. After students watch each training, they will receive an exit ticket.
- Once they receive their exit ticket, students can register for the Zoom reception.
This Digital Youth Summit will be an incredible chance for students all over the country to learn, grow, and connect with each other in a fun setting. Share this opportunity with your middle and high schools students today—and make sure they take the trainings and register for the Zoom reception by May 3rd!