Special Olympics Health Team travelled to the Atlanta for the 2023 Ameican Public Health Association Conference!
Special Olympics will presented “Pursuing Health Equity Through the Special Olympics.” This session will describe the range of health programming including health education, individual screening and referral opportunities, training of healthcare providers, and advocacy for policy change.
- Allen Tobin – Health Messenger from Special Olympics Missouri
- Umair Shah – Secretary of Health for Washington State
- Catherine Rice – Branch Chief in Disability and Health Promotion Branch at CDC
- Andrew Lincoln – Vice President of Research and Evaluation at Special Olympics International
- Anne Williams – Vice President of Health Services and Education at Special Olympics International
- Tom Quade – Senior Director of Health for Special Olympics North America
Other Special Olympics Sessions at this Event Included:
- Washington Group Short Set on Functioning Among US no adults with Intellectual Disabilities Participating in Special Olympics.
Presenter: Alicia Dixon-Ibarra
Co-Authors: Alicia Dixon-Ibarra, Andrew Lincoln, John Hanley, Ashlyn Smith, Jon Baio, Joseph Holbrook, and Catherine Rice
- Creating the Healthiest Nation: Inclusive Health Curriculum Model for Health Professions Students Learning to Care for People with Intellectual Disabilities.
Presenter: Anne Williams
Co-Authors: Anne Williams and Rebekah Fettkether
- Creating the Healthiest Nation: Inclusive Health Curriculum Model for Community Health Workers Caring for People with Intellectual Disabilities.
Presenter: Rebekah Fettkether
Co-Authors: Rebekah Fettkether and Anne Williams
- Special Olympics Vaccination Campaign for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities.
Presenter: Brittany G Routh
Co-Authors: Brittany G Routh, Alicia Dixon-Ibarra, Anne Williams, and Andrew Lincoln
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability and Special Olympics: Connecting People with Disabilities to Inclusive Healthcare and Health Programming.
Co-Presenters: Hui-Ju Young, Tracy Tracy, Tapan Mehta, James Rimmer, Brittany G. Routh, Anne Williams, Alicia Dixon-Ibarra, Ashlyn Smith, and Andrew Lincoln
Co-Authors: Hui-Ju Young, Tracy Tracy, Tapan Mehta, James Rimmer, Brittany G Routh, Anne Williams, Alicia Dixon-Ibarra, Ashlyn Smith, Andrew Lincoln, Anjela Jenkins, and Onolee Stephan
- Special Olympics World Games: Sport-Related Medical Incidents Sustained by Athletes with Intellectual Disabilities.
Presenter: Andrew Lincoln
Co-Authors: Andrew Lincoln, John Hanley, Annette Codd, Peyton Purcell, and Jae Yang