Amy Bockerstette made history earlier this month when she became the first person with Down syndrome to take part in a national college championship at the National Junior College Athletic Association National Championship at Plantation Bay Golf & Country Club in Ormond Beach, Florida.
Amy’s accomplishment led to extensive media coverage before, after and during the tournament. Check this list regularly to read, watch and stay up-to-date on Amy’s media coverage.
- Yahoo Sports: Barrier-breaking golfer to become 1st with Down syndrome to compete in a national college championship
- Bleacher Report: Amy Bockerstette to Be 1st Athlete With Down Syndrome to Compete for Collegiate Title
- Deadspin: Amy Bockerstette will be first athlete with Down syndrome to compete for national collegiate title
- Fox 10 Phoenix: 'Amazing Amy' to play for junior college national championship
- UPI: Amy Bockerstette: College golfer with Down syndrome to make history
- TODAY: Amy Bockerstette becomes 1st golfer with Down syndrome to play in college championship
- ESPN: Amy Bockerstette's historic NJCAA golf national championship appearance comes to abrupt end
- People: Golfer Amy Bockerstette on Making History at NJCAA National Championship: 'I Don't Get Nervous'
- CBS News: Golfer makes history as first person with Down syndrome to compete in college championship
- Golfweek: Amy Bockerstette makes history, becomes first person with Down syndrome to play for NCAA title
- LPGA: TRENDING ON SOCIAL: AMY BOCKERSTETTE CONTINUES TO MAKE HISTORY
- POPSUGAR: Amy Bockerstette Is the First Athlete With Down Syndrome to Compete at a National College Championship